CALL FOR EASTPORT ARTISTS—To boldly and creatively break the silence of domestic abuse.
July is “Eastport Breaks the Silence of Domestic Abuse” month and the Eastport ArtWalk is proud to partner with Finding Our Voices and NextStep Domestic Abuse Project for some very special ways of breaking the silence. All month, twenty-five Maine survivors stand loud and proud on huge banners in Eastport business windows in the Finding Our Voices “Let’s Talk About It” banner campaign now traveling the state.
To participate in the project:
1) Find a banner that speaks to YOU.
2) In solidarity with this “Woman In The Window”, create a poem, essay, short story, song, photograph, painting, sketch, fiber piece or any other expression of what you feel about this banner, of domestic abuse, experienced or imagined, by you or a friend or family member.
3) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest in participating.
4) Bring your creation to the Chamber of Commerce at 104 Water Street between 10 am and 12 pm on the morning of July 25, during our “Eastport Breaks the Silence of Domestic Abuse” public celebration, so it can be publicly displayed and shared that afternoon.
5) Please reference the banner that inspired you, include your contact information and indicate if you wish your submission to be anonymous.
Thank you for adding your voice. Together, we WILL break the silence of domestic abuse!
Find more information, or download maps, at: www.facebook.com/EastportArtWalk.